Master Program in Human Rights (MA/LLM)

Key Information

Duration 1 year full time, 2 years part time
Start date
Apply by

Entry Requirements

Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners. On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.

Application Documents

  1. Complete Application Form (online application)
  2. Statement of Purpose (explain why you wish to join this Master Program)
  3. One 1-inch photography (no hat, no sunglasses, or computer editing)
  4. Letter of recommendation from two advisors or university lecturers
  5. English requirement

Relevant experience may take the place of academic qualifications. Your personal statement as to why you want to take the programme, and your academic and/or programme, and your academic and/or professional references will also be important.

English RequirementVisa Requirements

If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, the requirement for this course is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) or TOEFL. Score in each of the sub-tests;

  1. TOEFL ITP Score 560
  2. TOEFL IBT 90
  3. IELTS 6

(All less than two years from application)

If you don’t meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses and foundation programmes to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Master in Human Rights, University of Jember.
Visit the International section of our website to find out more about our English language entry requirements and relevant requirements by country.

Please note:
The final decision for admission will be determined by the Program’s Administrative Board
Submit your application and supporting documents to the following:
Documents Submission by E-mail:

If you are not from Indonesia or you are international students and you do not already have residency here, you may need to apply for visa. The visa you apply for varies according to the length of your course:

International students who require a students visa should apply for our full-time courses as the qualify

  • Courses of more than six months’ duration: student visa
  • Courses of less than six months’ duration: standard visitor visa

Apply now to secure your place. The earlier you apply, the sooner your application can be considered and you can enrol. You do not need to have completed your current qualification to start your application.